In addition to providing documentation demonstrating eligibility to enroll in coverage through a qualifying life event, customers seeking to enroll in Pennie coverage using one of the events below must also show they have had minimum essential coverage for at least one day in the past 60 days.
Qualifying Life Events that also require customers to show they had at least one day of coverage in the past 60 days:
- Income Reduction, with Gain in Eligibility for Financial Help
- Marriage (at least one spouse)
- New Pennsylvania Resident or move within PA
- Survivor of Domestic Abuse or Spousal Abandonment
What documents can I submit to demonstrate I had prior coverage?
Documents must show that you (or your dependent) had coverage for at least one day in the past 60. These documents must include your name and should be on official letterhead or stationery. Documents you can submit include:
- A document from your insurance company, like a letter, notice, or a statement showing you are, or were, enrolled in health coverage.
- A document from an employer, like a letter, notice, or statement stating the coverage you had through your employer, or through a family member’s employer, including through COBRA.
- A document from a government healthcare program, like a letter or notice from Medical Assistance (Medicaid), CHIP, TRICARE, Veterans Affairs (VA), or Peace Corps. A
- health insurance letter that contains confirmation of health coverage and expiration dates for coverage received outside of the Marketplace, or through another state’s Marketplace.
- A letter, notice, or statement detailing student coverage
- A pay stub showing a deduction for health coverage from your employer in the past 60 days
What if you do not have one of the above documents?
If you have had coverage in the previous 60 days, but need further assistance to submit documentation, please contact Pennie Customer Service at 1-844-844-8040.