Do you need to verify household income? You can send Pennie any of the documents listed to verify your household income.
Income from a Job
- Paycheck stubs showing employee information, pay date or pay period, and gross amount of pay, for the 4 weeks prior to the date listed on your notice.
- 1040 federal or state tax return from the previous year if representative of attested income.
- Wages and tax statement (W-2 and/or 1099, including 1099 MISC, 1099G, 1099R, 1099SSA, 1099DIV, 1099SS, 1099INT) showing first/last name, income amount, year, and employer name (if applicable).
- A signed earning statement from your employer showing first/last name, company contact information and gross pay information, signed by the employer and dated.
NOTE: If you are seasonally employed, any of the proofs above should include information about the duration of your employment.
- Self-Employment ledger documentation showing first/last name, company name, and income amount. If you’re submitting a self-employment ledger, include the dates covered by the ledger, and the net income from profit/loss (can be a Schedule C, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement, or a self-employment ledger).
- 1040 SE with Schedule C, F, or SE (for self-employment income)
- 1065 Schedule K1 with Schedule E
- Tax return
- Bookkeeping records
- Receipts for all allowable expenses
- Signed time sheets and receipt of payroll, if you have employees
- Most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement
Social Security Disability or Retirement Benefits
- Award letter/certificate dated within the last year
- Annual benefit statement
Correspondence from the Social Security Administration with your award status (denied, award amount, still pending)
PA Unemployment Benefits
- Award Letter/Certificate
- Monthly benefits statement from the PA Department of Labor
- Copy of Direct Payment Card with statement
- Letter from the PA Department of Labor with reason for denial
- Rent checks or rental payment receipts
- Current lease
- Signed letter from tenant with monthly rent amount
- Filed tax return if representative of attested rental income