Individuals who applied for healthcare through Pennie and had their application transferred to the Department of Human Services for a Medicaid (called Medical Assistance in PA) eligibility determination can submit additional documentation via the COMPASS website, COMPASS mobile app, mail, or by dropping it off in person at the local County Assistance Office.
Articles in this section
- Do I have to test positive for COVID-19 to be eligible for Pennie’s COVID-19 Enrollment Period?
- Do I need to report additional unemployment insurance I'm receiving for 2021?
- Do I need to report any one-time stimulus payments my household as received?
- How do I get free help from a Pennie-certified broker or Pennie Assister?
- How does the American Rescue Plan impact Pennie coverage?
- I already am enrolled in a Pennie plan but would like to change my plan; can I change plans under the COVID-19 Enrollment Period?
- I am enrolled in a plan through Pennie; can I add a household member during the COVID-19 Enrollment Period?
- I am new to Pennie; how do I apply for coverage using the COVID-19 Enrollment Period?
- I did not apply for coverage during Pennie’s initial open enrollment period but want to see if I’m eligible for financial assistance under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Can I still apply for coverage through Pennie and get financial assistance?
- I did not think I qualified for financial assistance before – but think I might qualify under the American Rescue Plan Act, how do I check?