NO, a customer who currently has marketplace coverage on the FFM can keep that same policy if it is still offered by their insurance provider, and if they remain eligible for that coverage. However, we strongly encourage all customers to head to pennie.com to update their account if they need to and to learn about their coverage options each year.
Articles in this section
- Is the permission for customers to renew coverage new at Pennie?
- I can’t find my Certificate of Completion for the Broker Training on the TrainPA program. Where can I find it?
- I forgot my TrainPA Password, what should I do next?
- My courses will not advance for the Broker Training on TrainPA, what should I do?
- What should I do if my courses do not show up for the Broker Training on TrainPA?
- I did not receive a training link email from TrainPA to complete the Broker Re-Certification Training
- Pennie Partner Self-Test Environment
- How do I become a Pennie-Certified Broker for Plan Year 2022?
- I received an email from Train PA about completing Pennie Re-certification training, how do I access the re-certification training?
- Is Pennie the same as FFM as far as no medical qualifications are needed for enrollment into a Pennie plan and pre-existing conditions will all be covered and cannot be held against you.