If your plan has not yet taken effect, you can cancel it immediately and you won't be charged.
If your coverage has already started, you can prospectively terminate your coverage at the end of the month, the end of the month following your termination request, or the end of the month after that. You will need to pay your premium through the end of the month in which you terminate coverage.
How to cancel your coverage plan through Pennie:
- Log into your Pennie account and click My Enrollments in the left-hand navigation.
- Scroll down to the appropriate plan and click Cancel Coverage. Follow the next steps to continue with the process of canceling your coverage.
Under the following circumstances, an enrollee can retroactively terminate coverage if they can demonstrate:
- A technical error or system failure prevented them from disenrolling.
- His or her enrollment was unintentional, inadvertent, or erroneous and was the result of the error or misconduct by Pennie staff.
- He or she was enrolled in a QHP without his or her knowledge or consent by any third party.
In these cases, the enrollee must request disenrollment within 60 days of discovering the error.